Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The First Round of Random Thoughts

Time between track days, as I expected, breeds a lot of thought about your car and setup.  Daydreaming, real dreams (even though I don't sleep much), and spending most of your free time researching, reading and re watching your in car video.

Results were finally posted for both the EMRA TT and Real Time Attack events.  I promised myself I wouldn't pay attention to times but...I couldn't help it.  Turns out the times I clocked from my video were pretty decent.  The times appear to be the fastest of the student group, and would have put me mid pack for my competition class.  Watching the video it isn't too hard to see where I can pick up some decent time between lifting early into braking zones, only running 60-75% throttle down the front stretch (car was over boosting in 5th), and being a little wide in turn 1 and going into the uphill.  

- 2 days prior to the event I logged the car and found it was knocking above 6800rpm, I have since fixed that (I think).  I definitely need to switch over to ECU boost so I can get the 5th gear levels under control.

- I jumped in a batch of harness bars from Buschur Racing to try and help rectify how bad I was flying around in the seat. A fellow evo driver warned me that some sanctioning bodies may be totally phasing out 4 point harnesses, so after an hour or so trying to interpret the NASA CCR (first go round with that), a call to the US distributor for Schroth, and some emails back and forth with the NASA NE tech director, I was able to confirm that there are two 4 points that will still be allowed (Schroth Profi II ASM and the Teamtech Jet Pilot...I'll be going with the Schroth.

- I will be getting an alignment, many fellow evo racers pointed to my front left tire issue more than likely being a toe issue. The car was hit in the drivers front fender last summer and I suspect that although I told them what camber to put back in that wheel, they may have set it to factory toe settings, and not matched the other side.

- I think I'm decided on picking up a set of Hankook RS3's (255's), and will probably wind up matching them to a set of 17x9 RPF1's.  As much as i want a set of TC105N's, I think they are out of the budget for this year.

I think that's it for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment