Sunday, August 19, 2012

...in other news (I have no idea whats going on edition)

     While having beers with a coworker/friends on Friday night I realized that I'm pretty sure I just black out Monday through Friday and wake up for Saturday and Sunday.  I don't know if it's rage, blood pressure, or turning into the Hulk...by my typically one day off  (if I'm super lucky I actually get two in a row) I have zero idea what has happened the rest of the week.  We are so understaffed at work it's not even funny.  With the latest being the tragic/sudden passing of one of my nicest coworker's husband, which really put everyone in a crappy mood...oddly enough it quelled some of the other bullshit for a day or two.

     But anyway...

     Unfortunately, the coworker mentioned above had graciously offered to work a day for me so that I could go to the EMRA race at NJMP in September.  For obvious reasons my trip has been cancelled.  This very likely means that my event at Lime Rock next weekend will be my last for the season.  There is a chance that pending my work schedule, which of course I probably won't have until October, that I could make the NASA NJMP Thunderbolt weekend the end of October or even the EMRA summit point weekend...but I'm not sure I want to head all the way to West Virginia.

     I've been "falling out of love" with the damn car lately on top of everything else.  It's running great, but my wide band has apparently died yet again and on top of that, after pulling some logs last week found out that my logging resolution has dropped to 1/10th of what it had been (aka the data is useless).  This of course happened right as I had 3 days off from work and planned on tweaking the map and converting to Tephra V7 finally.  I spent 2 hours re installing all my software and drivers and got no change.  The only suggestion I've gotten from anyone is to just reformat the damn computer...I fucking hate windows.  The shifting of the car has gotten reaaaaallly annoying.  Keep in mind I have about a 3 mile commute to work through the city, so a low rpm 2nd gear lockout is a giant annoyance.  My best guess is that the clutch is not fully disengaging, and since I've been lazy with the trans fluid change interval and not installing the new clutch line/removing the restrictor, it's my own fault.

     As of today, as much as I don't want to, I think my plan is going to be to go park the car for the winter in September and go get it out if I wind up making the October NASA event.  I don't really want to park it for 7 months, but by the time the middle of next month rolls around I'll be over 59k miles (did about 5k so far this year), which means I need to seriously start planning my 60k service and winter mods plan of attack...and getting down to setting aside the money obviously.  I'm trying to rationalize it because it will save me equipment costs, my current tires will only have 2 events, brakes only 3, which will probably get me pretty deep into next season.  On top of all that, another car was broken into in classic smash and grab fashion right in my apartment buildings parking lot, ya know, the one with all the cameras, and a guy I work with had the cat cut off his truck in the work parking lot 2 days ago.  To say I'm mildly concerned about my wheels and/or car being stolen would be putting it lightly.  This is a large part of the reason that I'm trying to find a new place to live that includes a garage, but that too is proving futile. 

     Who knows...lately I can't plan more than 2 days ahead with the way things are going.

     My feelings will probably completely change after Lime Rock next weekend.

     I'm rambling...no wonder I have insomnia....
    

No comments:

Post a Comment