Saturday, July 6, 2013

Vacation's are great....until they end

     Another vacation has come and gone.  Surprisingly I actually accomplished 98% of what I wanted to on the car...still didn't get the damn kiggly in.  Got the brakes all rebuilt and nicey nice, wasn't a bad job at all.  The dust seals were definitely cooked and hardened but overall they didn't look terrible.  I'm sure it won't hurt to have upgraded anyway.  I wound up only replacing one rear sway end link since the drivers side wound up coming loose after a little work and was able to be adjusted, while the passenger rear needed lots of cutting/sparks/brute force.  In hindsight I probably should have just replaced the drivers side even though it moved...oh well.  
     I've got the ecu boost control pretty dialed with just a little work left to do from 6k rpm up.  Had a few hiccups and found that that my RPM/gear table is a tad off so I was getting weird interpolation on one of the tables, and just yesterday with some help found why my boost error was logging all wacky.

      Overall, the car is an oil and brake pad change away from being ready for pocono next weekend.  Pretty excited to get back out on track.  It looks like for DE we will be running the south east infield which doesn't look terribly exciting, but I'm sure it may prove otherwise for me somehow...but it is kinda lame I won;t get to be out on the NASCAR pavement.  Either way track time is track time.

     Unfortunately it looks like I might be doing this event with out my dad/crew chief.  Shortly after I left my parents house to end my vacation my mom wound up breaking her leg pretty good ad spent two days in the hospital, had a rod put in and all that good stuff.  Looking like the crew chief will have to be a nurse instead.

 photo photo_zps61251ba7.jpg

 photo photo1_zps9bf4ba3a.jpg


     If my luck holds out, I will be hitting NJMP again 2 weeks after pocono.

No comments:

Post a Comment