Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hangovers give you a lot of time to think

     I had a trying week at work this week, so my head has been swirling and working over time more than normal with life issues in addition to all the car stuff.  Then, last night myself and a large group of friends took a party bus to Foxwoods...it's all a little fuzzy after that...

     Swapping the o ring on the map sensor didn't solve my fuel trim issue, which sucks.  I think I finally pinpointed the spot in my AFR map that is causing a big rich dip just before peak load.  Hoping to try out a new map tonight.  Hopefully I've solved it, since I probably wont have any time to make another map before I get out on track next weekend.

     I'm on vacation next week, so I have a few maintenance things I can get done on the car.  I think I'll be ordering some Racing Brake slotted/directional vaned rotors as well as stainless lines, but I haven't decided if I'm going to put the rotors on yet or just carry them as spares for now.  The stock rotors are not showing any issues but do have all 56k miles of the cars life on them.  I need to get my cooling ducts set up which is proving difficult to plan out.  There is a good discussion going on right now between a few bigger evo time attack/time trial guys so I'm following that.  

     Off to Lime Rock again next weekend.  I'm trying my best not to think about lap times, but its tough.  I think that just by not having to deal with the running around to the classroom as well as a lot less anxiety in the realm of what to expect from the day/car/myself that I will be more relaxed and as a result faster.  I keep randomly watching my video from last time, and there are some very obvious spots to take a different line.

   I still need to figure out what to do about tire pressures for the RS3's...thats kind of important I think.


                                               I can't freakin wait for next weekend
    

No comments:

Post a Comment