Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 cent o-ring=$10 headache and the Indy 500

     Quote of the week: "I had to stop seeing her...she got a case of the feelings"

     I've been a tad sleep deprived fr a few days, working day shift for 3 days straight when i normally go to bed at 3am and get about about 11...getting up at 5 am really shocks your system, it really starts to exaggerate everything (feelings, emotions...yes I do have each of those).  Anyway, for the first time in years I was not able to watch the 500 live, and just finished watching it off the DVR last night.  Two things:
          1. The Dan Wheldon tributes bring a tear to my eye 
          2. HOLY EPIC RACE.  The new DW12 chassis is awesome, the racing was awesome and 
              I spent 3 hours on the edge of my seat.  It really is the greatest race in the world.

     Back to the previously mentioned O-ring.  There was a random post on Evom from someone who appears to work at a tuner shop stating that the O-ring on the omni map sensor that I runis a little lackluster.  For a long time now I have been battling a fuel trim issue on the car to the effect of the car thinking it is very lean at the oxygen sensor, indicating a boost leak somewhere.  So since I had the factory map sensor with o-ring in the glove box, I spent 5 minutes swapping the o-rings...and damn was the omni sensor loose.  No resistance to fitting the sensor port AT ALL.  With the factory o-ring, a much tighter fit was obtained...This very well may have been part of my issue, but I still think I need a bigger ring.  

     Tried out a new fuel map last night too.  AFR's are close, but still need some tweaking.  Some spots are definitely touching a tad leaner than I would like.  Whats cool to see is the pickup of ~10whp and 10 plus wtq in the mid range. The numbers are a little whacky due to the new big tires though.
 

          Also, was watching top gear this morning and they were doing a segment on "lapping days" as they call them.  I wanted to share this...Clarkson just sums up the feelings very well.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment