Monday, August 5, 2013

Sometimes life gets in the way of racing (where the hell have I been?)

     Every once and a while life throws you a curve ball...or sometimes just beans you with w 100mph fast ball.

     
     After the excitement of the Pocono weekend everything was pretty much down hill.  Lets recall that my mom still has a broken leg...well as I walked into work on Tuesday my phone rang.  Unfortunately it was my mom calling me to let me know that my grandfather had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and has been put on hospice.

     Yeah...the rest of that day sucked.


     After an emergency trip home, having to skip the EMRA event at NJMP and battling a lot of even worse than normal insomnia, I started digging back into the tune on the car...and quickly realized that the boost map I was running at Pocono was shit.  6 revisions later I've got this (ignore the power numbers, the road wasn't perfectly flat, but the boost curve speaks for itself):

 photo boost17_zps923d0ef3.jpg

     I still need to do some work from 6k to redline since it's about 2psi short of my target.  This is not using any error correction yet, mostly because the error I'm logging is a little weird, and I don't want to turn on correction unless I have my head completely wrapped around it.  

     I should be  heading to Lime Rock at the end of the month pending life.  I'd really like to finally get the Kiggly HLA installed by then since I've had it sitting around for like a year.  Also, need to get two tires flipped so I don't do any more edge damage and wind up cycling out before the tread is gone (they have a ton of tread left).  Other than that, I should be able to dial in the tune and go on the hunt for a 1:04.xx.

     Hopefully a few things start to go my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment