Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Like a Bauce

     Headed to my parents house this weekend to attend a good friends wedding, and accomplished a few things on the car...new wheel setup is on, alignment, oil change, new WB sensor, and the harness bar is in.

     This is all I have in the way of pictures, the weather got crappy so i didnt pull out the good camera.

     The setup is VERY wide, the RS3's are F-A-T.  The one worry was the rear rubbing, as the setup sticks out 3mm further than factory setup but in 250miles I have yet to rub once.  The clearance to the rear trailing link is minimal and with any deflection I will probably polish the arm.  If I can swing it I'll pick up a set of R/T Ernie's offset links to allw for 275;s in the future.

     Next up was the alignment.  I was targeting -2 degrees front camber, -1.5 rear and zero toe all around, but with my luck I figured something was gonna go wrong.  Not to disappoint...the shop called to tell me that they could swing the left all the way to -2.4 degrees but the front right camber bolt was seized at -1.7.  Rather than trust a shop I've never used to fix a seized bolt, I had them match the left to it and call it a day.  It also appears that the tire i wrecked at lime rock may not have been due to toe...dammit.

Final Alignment
-1.7 camber front
-1.5 camber rear
0 toe
~3.8 degrees caster

     Now...the Buschur harness bar.  This was an impulse buy I shouldn't have made for various reasons.  In a fit of frustration yesterday, I think I have decided to sell it.  Oh the ups and downs of building a street driven race car...oh and life too I guess...

Until next time...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment